Dudes, I am speechless after yesterday. First of all, it was my mom's birthday and SJ Lapponka finished her film, which usually would be more than enough dirt. But on top of that, I spent all day glued to the television, watching history being made at the DNC.An African-American has been nominated for President. I can't believe it. I've been tearing up all week; I've never been prouder.
As I watched everything go down in Mile High Stadium, I kept thinking about what the Founding Fathers would say if they could have seen it. Dig it: Participation back in the day was a bunch of white dudes in wigs who rode in on horseback. Today, it's a football stadium with live music and a guy named Barack Obama talking. Could any of them ever have imagined it?
I think they, too, would have been speechless.
1 comment:
If the founding fathers could have seen it, they would have told him to get his ass back to the plantation, racist douchebags that they were.
Post a Comment