Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Rick + Jose FINALLY!

So the real reason I was in SF was to witness the wedding - yes, wedding, not commitment ceremony or domestic partnership registration - of the lovely Rick and Jose. It took place in the beautiful SF City Hall rotunda at the top of the stairs; I wept like I always do because I'm a big fat sap, and then we partied in Sausalito with paella and pie that night and chez Robert and Andy the next day.

And all I can say is FINALLY! Rick and Jose hold a special place in my heart because they had their first real date at my 30th bday party. I have to say, it was a gift unto itself to see Rick at my party waiting for Jose to walk in, looking so nervous and fumbling with his drink and generally dropping things. I got mileage outta that one for years.

Furthermore, Rick and Jose's wedding had the distinction of featuring the first-ever inclusion of a BlackBerry in the ceremony (that I've ever seen). The Supe marrying them read a poem off it. Knowing the number of times that Rick and I have cracked up at various weddings over things just such as this, I thought it very fitting that there I was at his, laughing and secretly rehearsing my sarcastic comments to lay on him later.

And finally: FINALLY! At least one city in the USA has stepped up and done the right thing with all this mess. Because love is love is love is love and then there's legislation.

Congrats Jose and Rick!

1 comment:

tula said...

what an amazing story! congratulations, rick and jose!!!!